Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Weigh In Wednesday #1

To hold me accountable, I thought I should start "weigh in Wednesdays" like so many of my favorite bloggers.

Starting Weight:

When I first started my weight loss adventure in 2011, I was the heaviest I've been in my whole life.  It took a while for me to muster up the courage to jump on the scale and for good reason...
My weight in 2011 -- 225lbs.  On my 5 foot 5 inch frame, 225lbs looked HUGE!  My BMI at the time was 37.4 and I was binge eating at every meal.
Today, my weight is 192.2 with a BMI of 32.  I still have a ways to go before I'm no longer "obese" or "overweight" -- but my BMI is 5.4 points lower than when I started.  I'm also 32.8 pounds lighter than when I first weighed in.

Current Challenges:

My biggest challenge currently is negative self talk -- or lack of self-belief.  When I first started tackling weight loss, I just knew I could do it.  NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!  Only after some struggles in other facets of my life, did this turn off.
Binge eating or mindless eating or eating for comfort is another big challenge.  I discussed this a bit in my post about anxiety.
The last challenge I'm currently facing is hubby bubby -- I just feel that if he's on my team and we're tackling this together, we'll be stronger!   But this could just be me looking for excuses... which is the last challenge.

Non-Scale Goals:

  • Positive self talk!  "I can do this!", "I can do anything I put my mind to", " I've got this!", etc...
  • Eat mindfully!  So many times this past week, I've noticed that while eating, I'll feel really full pretty quickly, but then force myself to finish my food.  I hate wasting food!  This week, I'm going to actually stop at that first sign of hunger and safe the rest for later.  When I get hungry again, I'll go back to it.

Weight Loss Goals:

I'm going to get below 190 this month.  May is MY MONTH! :D

How did your most recent weigh in go?

What are your challenges?

What are your goals?

Leave me a comment/reply and let me know!  Also -- Do you ever struggle with negative self talk?   How do you cope with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment