Saturday, August 22, 2015

Spicy Cold Noodles -- Thanks Maangchi!

Made these noodles for lunch yesterday. They were delicious!! They were cold and spicy and tangy and sweet and SOOOO GOOD! I'm going to make them again today!!! And INHALE them! Chubby asian kid style ^_^ *slurp slurp, munch munch, pant pant*




I started by making the special sauce -- It's basically kimchi, kimchi juice, sugar, sesame oil, vinegar, and hot pepper paste.  

This was enough for two plates of noodles, so I used some and put some away for later. I was going to make enough for both hubby and I, but hubby has to be in the mood for Korean... (more on this later).... MORE FOR ME!! Once I made the sauce, I boiled the noodles. I got these at the Korean store closest to my location -- which isn't close -- so I know you can also find them online...

Once you boil the noodles, you drain them and run them under COLD water -- then add the sauce on top with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds. TA DA! 

Maangchi's video and recipe will show you the way of the warrior... no fail every time! Yum Yum! Just thinking about these noodles is giving me the Kimchi Sweats!! 

Do you have a favorite noodle dish? 

What do you eat when it's hot out and you're looking for something filling?


Leave a comment/Reply and let me know!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment