Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 2 of Half Marathon Training

Progress Report

First of all, sorry this post is so late!  I didn't realize until I started to write the Week 3 update that week 2's had slipped by!
Secondly, week 2 whizzed by!  I'm getting so excited to say that it's almost FALL!  WOOHOO!  I prefer running in cooler weather but still love the sunshine and clear roads, so Fall is by far my favorite season.  Although here in the south, Fall only lasts for about twenty minutes -- I make sure to include a run in that time!
These were the runs scheduled for this week:
  • Tuesday -- 2 mile walk, 2 mile run, 2 mile walk -- on Treadmill
  • Thursday -- 3 miles easy -- on treadmill
  • Saturday -- 2 mile walk, 2 mile run, 2 mile walk (missed)
  • Sunday -- 3.5 mile easy -- Outside!
I missed the run leading up to my longest run of the week, 3.5 miles, for two reasons:  (1) I didn't think running with two days so close together would lead to success on the long run and (2) I couldn't get out of bed!  A wimpy excuse, but really I didn't wanna!
Missing the 2-2-2 was actually okay... I felt strong on my 3.5 mile run and not stiff or overworked.  When the mileage starts to creep up I'll have to be more dedicated and "on top" of things.

Goals for Week 3:

  • Stay calm on each run -- don't worry about pace/time/cadence -- Just run!
  • Repeat positive mantra to push out negative self talk -- you CAN do it!
  • Eat reasonably!
What are your training goals?
How was your week in training?
How do you push out negative self talk?

No comments:

Post a Comment