Sunday, August 16, 2015

Week 5 of half marathon training

Progress Report

It’s the end of the week and time for another quick update on my training!  My legs are holding out and I'm feeling strong -- but still scared...
This week:
  • 1-3-1 Tuesday on the treadmill
  • 5 miles **skipped**
  • 8 miles – Saturday morning outdoors 
Thoughts from this week:
This week was a struggle. I didn’t want to run, I didn’t feel like stretching, and I most certainly didn’t wanna eat right. 
I partly gave in (missed mid week run) and partly forced myself to suck it up. 
All in all it was a great week!!
Goals for next week:
  • Complete all 3 training runs – don’t be a baby 
  • Stretch – your body deserves it
  • Rest up 
  • Foam roll your knees and calves – I’ve gotten a few knots worked out this way!
What are your goals for next week?
Do you foam roll? Why?  How?
How was your week??

No comments:

Post a Comment