Monday, June 27, 2016

Marathon Monday #9

Good Morning -- As I'm writing this, I'm recovering from this morning's run; the first run of week 9.  I'm red, I'm sweaty, and I'm beat!!

Planned/Actual

Planned:

Monday - Run 25 mins, Total Body Cardio w/ weights
Tuesday - No run, Upper Body Strength
Wednesday - Run 30 mins, Lower Body Strength
Thursday - Run 25 mins, Pilates & Ab Workout
Friday - No Run, Cardio without weights (Plyo)
Saturday - Run 40 mins, Total Body Strength
Sunday - No Run, Yoga + Active Recovery & Foam rolling (if needed).
 

Actual:

MM1
Monday - Ran 25 mins, Total Body Cardio w/ weights
Tuesday - No Run, Upper Body Strength
Wednesday - Ran 30 mins, Lower Body Strength
Thursday - Ran 25 mins, Pilates & Ab Workout
Friday - No Run, Cardio without weights (Plyo)
Saturday -  Ran 40 mins, Total Body Strength
Sunday - No Run - Recovery Day (*No yoga due to tummy bloat issues*)

How'd it feel?

I keep feeling stronger and stronger each week.  I did a handstand with hubby's assist again (because my negative self doubted I ever did it in the first place... showed that B**** what's what!).
On some of the workout days (arms, lets, Dirty 30) -- I upped my weights to challenge myself!  Strong legs, strong arms, strong lady!!

This week's Plan

This week is the "big switch" in my training.  I'm switching from running for time to running for distance.  This is not a problem 0_0 -- only it messes with my head.  Today's run is done, but it was a total mental fight to get out there and get it done... but now that it's done, I feel great!  I could've kept going, so physically I'm ready.  I just have to sharpen my mental game!
Monday - Run 25 mins, Total Body Cardio w/ weights
Tuesday - Recover, Upper Body Strength
Wednesday - Run 30 mins, Lower Body Strength
Thursday - Run 25 mins, Pilates & Ab Workout
Friday - Recover, Cardio without weights (Plyo)
Saturday -  Run 40 mins, Total Body Strength
Sunday - Recover, Yoga

As far as eating, I'm battling the need to switch things up.  I didn't see huge jumps in the scale, like I was hoping for, but it dawned on me (mid run, when I have most of my epiphanies) that I just need to stay the course.  The last few years have been a constant switch from one thing to the next to chase weight loss.  That part of my life is over.  I'm chasing strength now.  
I want to be a NINJA!  I want to show how strong I am; to prove it to myself and to anyone who's ever doubted me.  
Instead of changing this up or quitting, I'm digging my heels in.  I will stick with the 21 day fix + weight watchers combo, but to satisfy the "change" without steering off course, I'm going to do Smart Points instead of Points Plus -- This means no trading in activity points (since I train for strength, not food - cuz I'm not a dog) and this also means that treats will cost me. 
This is fine with me.  A fit lifestyle for life means 6 days eating on point with one cheat meal on the 7th day.  I plan to save those weeklies for an awesome cheat meal... more on this on Wednesday...

How did you do this week?  

What are you training for? To be a ninja like me?  

How do you sharpen your mental game?

No comments:

Post a Comment