Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday's Munchies!

What am I eating today

I decided to start off this week with "Monday's Munchies" to fill you in on what I'll be munching on today!  I'll walk you through what's planned and include recipes so you can try them and let me know what you thought!

Breakfast -- Powerballs & Coffee!


Some people call these PowerBalls, others call them Energy Bites or Granola Bar Bites -- but whatever you call them, they're super yummy!  I had two of these bad boys today with coffee (I make mine in a french press and then add stevia and fat free half & half).
Powerballs -- Makes around 14 balls
  • 1 cup Oatmeal (I used instant but you can use rolled oats instead)

  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (any nut butter will do)
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp slivered almonds (any crushed or sliced nuts)
  • 1 tbsp shredded coconut ( you can use toasted or untoasted)
Mix everything well until you have a workable mixture that sticks together well.  Roll in to bite sized balls.  If you have  crumbly mixture add more honey -- to help with mixing I warmed my peanut butter a bit.
Optional Add ins -- any kind of chopped dried fruit, nuts, seeds, protein powder, etc...

Lunch - leftovers

Nothing really exciting here -- We have a fridge full of leftovers (fajitas, steak/potatoes, Seaweed Soup, etc...) so the plan is to eat some of this up!  :D

Dinner - Salisbury Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes & Salad

This is one of my husband's favorite meals from his childhood.  His mom always made it for him and she taught me how -- and showed me how!  Now I'm going to make it for him all by myself (wish me luck!)
As a family, we tend to take recipes like this and tweak them to fit our supplies.  For instance, if we are out of breadcrumbs - we'll use oatmeal or crushed crackers instead.  If we're out of fresh mushrooms, we'll used canned -- etc...  So if you see an ingredient that doesn't fit with your diet/tastes, tweak it!

Today's Snacks!

For snacks today, we have a few options and depending on how hungry we feel after working out etc... we'll utilize one or more of these options.
  • Honeydew Melon
  • Fresh Pineapple
  • Triscuits and Cheese
  • Greek Yogurt & Honey
  • Baby Carrots & PB
  • Salsa & Guacamole w/ Tortilla Chips


What are you eating today?  
Do you have any favorite meal time munchies that are you go to?  
What's your favorite childhood meal?  



No comments:

Post a Comment