Tuesday, February 16, 2016

So Many Burpees...


Training - Workout #1

  • 10 overhead presses (with two 15-lb dumbbells)
  • 5 burpees
  • 10 bicep curls (with two 15-lb dumbbells)
  • 5 burpees
  • 10 pushups
  • 5 burpees
Repeat all exercises for 5 rounds taking as little rest as possible between each round.

How'd it go?

This workout was actually a lot of fun!!  But it was SO MANY BURPEES!  5 rounds, with 15 in each round, makes 75 completed!!!  In one workout!
I completed it last night and ended up feeling beat!  This morning, I can feel my efforts in my shoulders and upper back - which is always a nice reminder that you've made a dent in your workout goals!
I tried to push through the burpees as fast as possible because they are my least favorite... especially weighted Burpees!   Since these were done without weights for the first time in weeks, it was fun to see how much easier they were to complete!

What's next?

Today's workout:  Five Rounds with as little rest as possible between each round
  • 10 - Ground to Overheads (25lb plate or dumbbell)
  • 12 - Jumping toe touch squats
  • 10 - thrusters (25 lb plate or dumbbell)
  • 12 - Jumping Lunges
  • 10 - Sumo High Pulls
  • 10 - Side Ab Crunches (10 on each side)

Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment