Monday, November 9, 2015

Marathon Update Monday

Marathon Update:

Life is definitely full of twists and turns -- my plan for my very first Marathon has changed, again.

The date has moved from March 3rd to April 3rd -- adding another 4 weeks to my training cycle.  This is both a good and a bad thing.  Good because more training means more prepared.  Bad because it's even further away :(

Why?

I had to move my marathon date due to scheduling conflicts beyond my control.  Darn you adult-ing!! Full of responsibilities and stuff... BOO!


Turning stumbling blocks into stepping stones

I'm going to use my additional 4 weeks to do a "prep" cycle -- where I'll do lower mileage and focus on quality miles versus quantity.  I'm also going to hope that these extra weeks will help when it comes to "adjusting for weather".

Have you ever had to adjust your race dates?  
How did this effect your motivation?  
What stumbling blocks have you had to turn to stepping stones?

No comments:

Post a Comment