Thursday, September 3, 2015

Last Training Run & Some Randoms...

How did that happen?

Today I ran 3 miles on the treadmill at a medium/hard pace.  This marks the last training run before my half marathon!  I can't believe it!  I really can't!  How did this happen?  It feels like I blinked and boom race day is this weekend!!
 

Here are some Random pictures from this training cycle:

  • Running for over 3 hours with this very old iPod nano in my shorts pocket killed it!  Apparently my body heat and perspiration were enough to render it dead...  
  • I'm always hungry -- and you wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.  Keeping snacks like these pretzels stashed in my office help calm the beast.
      
  • I've dabbled in baking with yeast lately.  I've successfully created pizza dough, dinner rolls, and now Cinnamon Rolls (as seen below).  They are my current obsession and I want one or ten every single day.  SO GOOD!  
  • croll

I've also become slightly obsessed with naps --- I've never been a good napper, but lately I've had one after every long run and felt SO MUCH BETTER after each one.  Naps on a normal day just result in me lying awake in bed staring at the ceiling or my phone.  Naps after a long run result in serious sleeping -- with drool and messy hair and everything -- but I wake up less sore and less stiff!


How is your training going?  
Have you ever killed an Ipod?  
What's your current food obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment