Sunday, September 6, 2015

I did it!!

I ran 13.1 miles without stopping!! 


 It was hot and I pushed myself but it wasn't sunny and there was a nice breeze. 


When the starting gun went off, I had my butterflies and a very realistic belief that this might not end well. 

I was so doubt-y of myself because I have this stupid ingrained belief that, " maybe I can't..."  I teared up with my nerves and fears and self doubt. 

It took a lot in me to shake that all away and just run...Then I got into my rhythm-- pushing myself while keeping a cool head. 

My slow little trot was just enough to keep me between the 3:00 and 3:30 pace keeper flags. 

I tried to remind myself that, "slow isn't a sign of a character flaw - quitting is."  So I did not quit!  At first I pushed a little too fast, but then settled into the back of the pack for the long haul. 

I had enough steam left in me to push the last jaunt!  

How was your last racing experience?
Do you ever tear up during a hard workout or scary race start?





No comments:

Post a Comment