Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Weeks 3 & 4 of Marathon Training

Blah!

The last two weeks have been just been "BLAH"!  I'm sure you were probably able to tell this from the last few posts.  My runs have been a mix of good and bad.  My moods have been a mix of highs and lows.  Enough excuses... here's how the weeks went

Week 3 Planned//Actual

Monday -- Cross Train // Rested
Tuesday -- 25 min run // OFF
Wednesday -- XT // OFF
Thursday -- 25 min run // Ran 38 mins
Friday -- OFF//OFF
Saturday -- 5 miles // OFF
Sunday -- OFF//OFF

Week 4 Planned //Actual

Monday -- Cross Train // Yoga
Tuesday -- 30 min run // Ran for 25 mins
Wednesday -- XT // Stretching + REST
Thursday -- 30 min run // Ran 27 mins
Friday -- OFF//OFF
Saturday -- 3 miles // OFF
Sunday -- OFF//3 miles easy + 0.6 mile walk

How am I feeling

After the tragic loss of a family member, running seemed impossible (notice Week 3).  But the more that time passes, the more life is returning to normal (week 4).

My body feels fine -- I'm actually acclimating to the new shoes, remember to stretch a bit more, and eating what feels good and makes me feel good.

Goals for Week 5

  • Fidelity to training plan - 100%
  • Listening to my body -  (i.e. -- sleep when tired, eat when hungry, stop when full, stretch and recover when sore...)
  • New goal  --  read a physical book.

What are you goals this week?
 How did last week's training go for you?  
How do you bounce back after a sad/tragic/stressful life event?








No comments:

Post a Comment