Friday, October 9, 2015

Over dressed

I love fall!

I love when the leaves change and the weather is crisp and cool!

Running in the fall is a luxury that I've waited all too long for. 

This morning the forecast said 58 degrees and sunny so I swapped out my tank top for a long sleeved tee. 

I laced up and headed out only to realize the forecast was about ten degrees lower thank reality -- especially in the sun. 

My sleeves ended up rolled up as far as they could go as I cursed myself for not turning around to change. 

The run was not as hard as last time, but my legs are definitely still sore. I think I've figured out the reason -- I have to break them in more! 

I realized that the shoes I've been training in have less than fifty miles on them and are a different fit and support level than my old shoes. This has made my calves tighter and ankles more sore than usual. 

Hopefully running in them more will help me acclimate and adjust. 

How long does it take you to break in new shoes?

Do you struggle to break in new pairs?

How do you stretch your ankles and calves?


No comments:

Post a Comment