Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bad run

It was cold. I was tired. My legs were sore. 

We've all been there... Struggling to lace up and leave. 

My run this morning was a bad one... But a bad run is still better than no run at all. 

So I pushed for fifteen minutes and did the mile I needed by walk/running until I had finished. 

I can't shake the feeling that I'm a failure since I didn't finish the run I planned.  How silly!  My rational brain realizes the irony since not even 30 days ago I completed a half marathon!!  One fifteen minute run doesn't define me as a success or failure -- and one failure isn't final!!!

Today I will spend time stretching the soreness out of my legs and back and remembering that I am more than a bad run!


What do you do when you're feeling tired and unmotivated?

How do you bounce back from a bad run?

No comments:

Post a Comment