Friday, July 1, 2016

Goals for July


It's July 1st, which means it's time to reflect on the month of June and the progress I made on my goals as well as set new goals for this month!

June's Goals

  1. Get into the 180's

  2. 15 runs in June

  3. 90 oz water per day

  4. Track w/integrity EVERY DAY!!


I'm happy to report on each of these goals!! WOOHOO!

Get into the 180's

I'm happy to report that as of this morning I'm fluctuating between 189 lbs and 188.4 lbs!  I recorded the higher of the two for HappyScale!  This means I met my milestone 4 and can start work on Milestone 5!  Slow and steady wins the race!

15 Runs in June

I'm counting this one done -- on a technicality... technically my "Month of June" started mid-week, So I'm counting all the runs that week instead of just the calendar mark.  Training calendar trumps actual calendar, right?
June Goals

90 oz Water Per Day

This one is a bit tricky -- I didn't necessarily track the water I drank... I just made sure to drink a LOT especially after a hot run or after being in the humidity for a while.
My Go-To mug is a 32 oz double wall insulated deal that I refill multiple times per day.  I also fill it to the brim with ice at each refill, so the actual water content may be significantly less than the 32 ounce mark.
Moving forward, I'm just going to keep pushing water...
The silver lining is that I haven't had pop (or soda if you're southern) in a long time.  Well over a month -- so this pushing water focus is helping in that arena.  I'm a long time diet coke addict, but realized it was slowly killing me so I've since reformed.  I now obsess over coffee, tea, and water.

Track with Integrity every day!

I nailed this goal -- and I can honestly say that it's so much easier when I'm doing the 21 day fix meal plan.  I usually can bust through all my portions for the day and still have points leftover.  Cooking at home helps with this too -- as it gives me more control over what I add to the food, how my meals are prepared, and how big my portions are.
I'm trying to fall into a rhythm with eating that goes something like this:
  • Breakfast - eggs or a smoothie
  • Snack - Protein shake if I workout in the AM, coffee + fruit if I workout later that day.
  • Lunch - Leftovers, a Big salad with lots of veg + protein, or avocado toast w/egg
  • Snack - Fruit usually, or I skip it if my lunch was sufficiently large.  My go to around this time if I'm starving is an apple with almond butter.... mmmm
  • Dinner - Protein + veg + carb,  I like to designate a carb to this meal time.  Something about having a carb at dinner helps me feel full and satisfied, even if it's just a half cup of rice.
  • Dessert/Snack - Date Rolls (homemade), Greek yogurt w/ honey & nuts, or skip if I'm full.

Goals for July

  1. Crush my Runs!!  (As planned)
  2. Be active every day!! (Workout, run, or active recovery - yoga, pilates, foam rolling, stretching)
  3. Drink up!!  (Water, water, water, unsweetened tea, water, water, coffee...)
  4. Hit Milestone #5 -- 180!
I've got this!


What are you goals for this month?

Did you crush your June Goals?

What's your rhythm for meals throughout the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment